Sunday, May 9, 2010

Darren Boyle's weekly words of wisdom

congratulations to the Twins on not only a GREAT start but the got their first rainout in over 30 years this past weekend. Wisely, the Twins had a day night double header on Saturday that made sure they got in all four games with the Orioles. Ten games over .500 at this point of the year is quite an improvement from the start the Twins have had in the past few years. But they continue to win like they did indoors, solid pitching and defense and not alot of home runs. So much for my theory about Target Field being a hitters park. There is alot of baseball to be played so we cant jump to too many conclusions yet can we? Oh, thats right I already did.

Since it has been too wet to do much field work over the past few weeks I have had the luxury of being able to watch the last few NASCAR races. I am a fan of Tony Stewart, so since I have had the opportunity, I purchased one of his Office Dept hats, and have been wearing it as I have watched the races. But it seems the more I watch, the worse Stewart runs. He finished 23rd in last nights race in Darlington, and I feel like it is all my fault. I think I will skip next weeks race and see if that helps the luck of the #14 car. If it does, I think I will get a Jimmy Johnson hat.

Have a great week.

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. Even though the Twins beat Baltimore 6-0 yesterday, Justin Morneau went 0-4 with four strikeouts - the ol' Golden Sombrero, if you will - as I wore a red Morneau t-shirt that I bought at the Dome last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get a Kyle Busch hat.

    ReplyDelete