Thursday, July 8, 2010

Rod's Wednesday Take N Things

I did not go to the Post 8 Legion game last night. I did listen to the game a bit and it sounded like Pierre played a complete game in their 7-0 shutout of the Rapid City Post 22 Expo's. Pierre plays 5 games this weekend and considering how they played in their last two games vs. Rapid City Post 320 in the rain out Tuesday and then last night, they should do ok.

No, I went golfing last night at the Dunes in Ft. Pierre. Played the back 9. Shot a 41 which was not bad for me. I can only remember hitting three really bad shots the whole round. I had a 6 on the par 5 18. Otherwise I had 3 5's and 5 4's. It was the best I have played I thought this year. The back 9 at Dunes is wet from all the rain that we have had and there was some standing water here and there but for the most part I did not have to squish around and I only lost 1 ball. That was on the 15th hole, a par 5 that runs east to west. I lost the ball on the drive. I was going to keep it low because the sun was directly causing a hazard. Well, I hit it high, lost the ball, heard it hit somewhere, but it wasn't in the fairway so I took the stroke penalty and made a 5 on the hole. The greens on the back 9 at Dunes were soft and I left a couple of divits that I fixed. On the front 9 at Dunes, the greens seem to be harder and when the ball hits on the green on the fly doesn't seem to leave the mark. Still, I had a pretty good round and am looking forward to my next round hopefully this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment