Thursday, April 1, 2010

Andy Shoes Scuttlbutts


Well it is official I have signed my Major League contract. I am sad that to leave the Dakota Radio Group, but I have to make my childhood dream of pitching in The Big League a reality. Monday I get the start against The Angels in a last minute move by Ron Gardenhire. I have always dreamed of being in The Show. I hope my thousands of adoring fans will understand. The last twelve years here have been memories made and I will always have a large section of my heart reserved for all of you. I will make my depute against one of the most potent line-up in baseball, but they won't be able to hit my one hundred six mile an hour fast ball and when they catch up to it I will feature a four foot breaking ball that will have them guessing. I know that I will be in the Cy Young race and I probably will lock up Rookie Of The Year. My only hope is that they will let me hit because not only will I win twenty plus games, but I could also hit 400 and drive in one hundred plus runs. It will be an awaking for the traditional baseball player, that not only can a player pitch with the best but I also can out hit anyone in the league. After a long career in the league I will return to the broadcast booth to continue calling games for KMLO as the sunset of my life will bring me full circle. If you would like to wish me well as I step into my next adventure, then I invite you to write your remarks in the comments column below. Once again thank you all for your support and kindness over the last years, I will always think of you all when I don't get my average twenty strike outs or when I don't go four for four. When those down points in my career come then I will be able to smile knowing that there are people in this world that still like me. Please remember that today is April First and this is and April Fools Day Joke.

2 comments:

  1. You had me going until the part where you said, "When I get to the sunset of my life..." :)

    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me going also until I thought, Do they have oxygen tanks at each base?

    ReplyDelete