Monday, April 19, 2010

Rod's Monday Take N Things

I am back, refreshed and rarin' to go. After spending nearly 3 days in the Twin Cities last week taking in a couple of ball games at the all new Target Field I would have a couple of suggestions. Number 1, wider seats. We full figured guys had to kinda squeeze in and then when it came to stand up, we had to squeeze out. Number 2, men's bathrooms are not nearly big enough. Other than that, the place is nice. In reading Brian's blog and his visit on Wednesday, I would suggest parking somewhere other than downtown and take the light rail to the stadium. On Wednesday, my wife, the boys and I got to the stadium by 9 a.m. Gates didn't open til 10:30 a.m. but we were not the only one's there. Visited with Curtis Egan and Seth Parsons for a bit, took pictures of the Kirby Puckett statue and the Rod Carew statue. And then, by the time we got into the stadium, marveled at what it has for one and all. We backed things up about an hour on Thursday, got to the stadium by 10 a.m. Didn't get wet on Wednesday. Thursday, the sun came out about the time the game started and it was a glorius afternoon. Twins baseball, outside, and a good team. Twins fans have alot to look forward too this year.

2 comments:

  1. I noticed the same thing about the seats. The description of the seats on the Twins website says they are up to 3 inches wider than at the old place but I didn't notice a difference. Maybe they're wider in the posh seats, which are padded by the way. I had a (not overly)portly gentleman sitting next to me, and he also appeared to be a little uncomfortable. He was bigger than you, Rod.

    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, that is pretty wide.

    Rod

    ReplyDelete