Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Rod's Thanksgiving Thoughts

Thanksgiving is a time to give Thanks, thus the Thanks part of Thanks-giving. A few things that I am thankful for? I am thankful I am not a Vikings fan of course. Cowboys also. Most of the Cowboy fans I know are fans under pressure. Always checking Cowboys.com and some of them that I know are such die hard fans that they can't even stand watching them play when they are on TV! Although I do hope that Miles Austin does well on a weekly basis. His mother was in high school back in the late 70's when I worked in O'Neill, Neb. and Ann was one very good athlete. I proudly tell people that I had a chance to broadcast Miles' mom as an athlete or as we in the business term it, I play by played her! As a matter of fact, I am seriously considering not having a favorite professional team anymore and just being a fan! Although some of the professional cry babies make even that kinda tough. I am thankful for being in the position I am in. Face it, there are alot of people out there that don't have a job. I am thankful that I get to cover high school sports. I have been really blessed with the opportunity to broadcast and cover some outstanding and talented athletes over the last 30 years. And I am thankful for the wonderful group of coaches we have in our area schools who are willing to interview with me, many on a weekly basis. I am no Bill O'Reilly when it comes to interviewing but we usually get to the bottom line most times. I guess mostly I thank all of you who listen in to our broadcast and many times offer a kind word on how we are doing. And to those of you who's words aren't quite as kind I thank you also. Face it, If I were doing everything right, I would venture to say I might be elsewhere this Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving and If I can hope one Thanksgiving wish for you it would be this. Adopt the attitude of gratitude. Count your blessings. And make a commitment to say "Thank you" to the One who made your blessings possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment