Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Rod's Tuesday Thoughts

As I have stated, I was in attendance of the Bengals and Vikings game on Sunday. Only the second professional football game I have ever attended. The first was in 1975 in the old Met Stadium when Walter Payton was a rookie. Both games, the Vikings won and won big. On Sunday, It was borderline boring. Very little excitement. Very few big plays. Perhaps it is more exciting when the team you root for is one of the team's playing. There was not the excitement of a college game. There might have been just as many "intoxicated" young ones as a college game. I could have almost taken a nap except for that stupid horn blowing would have woke me up. Maybe it was because it was indoors! Maybe it was because we had middle of the row seats and would have had to (wait we did) bothered about a dozen people either side of us to go to get up and go to the bathroom. And then hope you didn't have to go to bad cause of the line. Granted, fans dress up in their favorite team's garb. I probably was the only person there that did not wear Vikings purple or Bengals orange and was probably the only one of 64,000 plus that were there that was waring a Huskers coat. It was cold outside and that coat is my outside coat, so I wore it. I don't know what our tickets cost but I venture it was at least over 60 bucks per ticket. $7 for an adult beverage. Again, you only had one because of the line in the men's room. $5.50 for a brat that was very good and the little cup of sourkraut was on the house. Dome Dogs were $5. I guess I am a home body. For the price of 4 tickets last weekend, I can get NFL Sunday ticket in my living room for an entire season, and chair that was built for mature full bodied derrier's like mine self. I want a beverage, I get up, go to the fridge, get it and don't miss a play. Bathroom? Got two to choose from with no lines. If the game is boring, I can go to San Diego or Indianapolis or New York and find a game that isn't boring. And when the game is over, I'm home, no train ride although I like riding trains, and then finding your vehicle and then 6 1/2 hour drive. Actually it was only 3 1/2 cause we went back to Sioux Falls and then stayed over cause we wanted too and we could. Now if I were in the press box and had a real reason to be at the game, it might be a different story. But then If I am in the press box, I'm not paying to be there. Call me wierd, call me foolish. Call me wierd and foolish. Don't Care. I'm me, not you. I know what your saying. That guy's poor wife! She'd agree.

1 comment:

  1. Now I know why you're so dizzy, Rod. I got dizzy just reading that. By the way, if you want a true view of the attitudes of Vikings fans, just listen to their post-game call-in show on KPLO/KMLO after a Vikings game, and you'll hear, win or lose, they are never satisfied. Rest assured, there's always something to complain about if you bleed purple (or at least you think you do).

    ReplyDelete