Monday, June 20, 2011

Rod's Monday Afternoon Sports Blog

It's raining as I write this and we have had around 2 inches. Obviously, it is not good golf weather. Yesterday, my wife and I played 9 holes at the Dunes Golf Course in Ft. Pierre. Considering what has happened over the course of the last 3 weeks, I thought the course was in pretty good shape. Really, only 3 of the holes are affected. Number 10 and 11 and the 18th hole. They were pumping water out of the lake on the back nine but the lake still was as full as I have seen it in recent years. Holes number 12 through 17 were unaffected and only the area in the approach to the green on 18 was affected. I did not have a stellar round but I got to hit the ball quite a bit and that was fun. So it was with Mrs. Fisher as well. But I would just like to take time to thank Dunes course owner Cullen Deis for doing everything he can to get the back nine open. Cullen has done alot and obviously worked very hard to get the course into playing condition. So thanks Cullen, hopefully the golfers of Pierre will take advantage of your work and come out and play at least a round. Even if we have to wait a few days for the course to dry out some.

No comments:

Post a Comment