Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Brian's thoughts on his....thoughts

Well, it's always hard to pick high school games during the first week of the season, and my stats from Friday and Saturday will show it. I think I went 31-15, which is pretty good if you're a baseball team, but not as good as I had expected. Maybe I should rethink what I'm doing here. Right off the bat, I missed both of my picks of the must-see games of the week around the state this past weekend, West Central-Harrisburg and Marion/Hurley-Hanson. I guess, like Boyle would say, you have to leave east of Salem (or at least east of the James River and south of Highway 38) to really fully understand what goes on down there.

Anyway, I was impressed with the effort of the Governors on Saturday, and even more so with the effort of the Buffaloes on Friday night. Bennett Co., like SF Lincoln, must not be near what they were last year, but Stanley Co. sure looked like they had something to prove, at least to themselves, in the second half, scoring 34 unanswered and bustin' out the whoopin' sticks on D like they did. No denying, Bennett Co. is no Winner, though, and we'll see just what the Buffs are made of this Friday night down south.

Look for Week 1 picks later in the week, but listen up for volleyball on the air tonight!!
- Radioooo

No comments:

Post a Comment