Monday, September 14, 2009

Rod's Monday Ramblings 9/14/09

I was not a fan of the Bears trade for Jay Cutler. Anyone who questions that, I can give you the phone numbers of my kids or talk to my wife. Why get a whiney cry baby who didn't get his way in Denver so he wanted to be traded. I was told by Bears fans it was a good thing. I am still sticking to my guns. Cutler was terrible last night. Absolutley terrible. And don't point out the second half. The only reason that the Bears were in the game with the Packers was Aaron Rogers similar inability to be good except that he made one more play that Cutler. NO EXCUSE that the Bears had lost 3 starters to injury. That they committed a bone head fake punt on 4th down. Cutler was terrible. So here are the ratings by me for the NFC North's quarterbacks after game 1. Number 1: Brett Favre. Number 2: Matthew Stafford. Number 3: Aaron Rogers. Number 4: Jay Cutler.

Kyle Orton was equally inept in his debut with the Bronco's, but oh wait. His team won. Which Orton quarterbacked teams do more of than losing. Orton might have gotten lucky at the end but bottom line. Denver 1-0. Chicago 0-1. Case Closed.

And, after having to listen to Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth last night I would have to have these ratings for TV announcing crews. 1. Any crew from FOX. 2. Any crew from CBS. 3. (Tie) Michaels and Collinsworth and any crew ESPN puts on.

Like the Simon and Garfunkel song Mrs. Robinson says 'Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio". I say, where have you gone Ray Scott or Lindsey Nelson or Curt Gowdy or Charlie Jones.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, just how old are you anyway, Fish? I never liked Cutler in Denver either, but somehow in my auto-drafted fantasy league, I got stuck with him. Probably too late to propose a trade with anyone else in the league now. That Bears-Steelers this next weekend looks like a chance to tee off for the best defense in the NFL (although without Polamalu....).

    ReplyDelete