Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Rod's Wednesday Ramblings 9/30/09

Wednesday (today if your reading this on Wednesday) is my birthday, so here are a few birthday gifts that I would like to see. The Twins and Tigers tie for the AL Central and the Twins win the playoff game. I like to see the playoff to see who wins in getting the Metrodome on Monday. Or at least what Major League Baseball or the NFL would do. If the Twins are going to get aced out by the Vikings, then by all means, win the thing on Sunday and forget the playoff game. I want to see the Bears and the Bengals in the Super Bowl in February. My house would be the place to be don't you think!! I want the Huskers to at least beat Oklahoma this year and then get to the Big 12 championship and beat them again!! And then win their bowl game whichever one that will be!!! I want the Governors to get home field advantage thru the football playoffs and Stanley County stun Winner in the opening round of the football playoffs, and have an all central South Dakota finals in the football championships in November. Take that Argus Leader. I want the Lady Gov volleyball team to win the state tournament this time! I want the Governors basketball team to win that first round game in the state tournament after they get there in March and then win Friday and Saturday. Lady Govs, you might as well do it also!!!! What the heck, every team, golf, tennis, hockey and soccer, lets do it, for the old guy, and yourselves of course. Post 8 baseball, lets beat Post 22 and eliminate them in the region tournament on Post 320's field next July. And let's go out and do it Rattlers and 4 Corners in the amatuer tournament next August. You'll like playing in the "Birdcage". Get to the championship and you get on TV aaaand Radio. And I want next year to be the Cubs year. After all, when you get to be my age, you never know how many years are left to do it. Theres a few personal wishes too, but that will be between me and God. Have a good Wednesday gang and be sure you get a piece of cake from someplace and enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Rod, you sound more like you're sitting on Santa's lap, rather than asking for birthday presents. As for your wishes that stay between you and God, is one of those wishes to just have enough breath to be able to blow out ALL those candles? Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete