Monday, September 28, 2009

Darren Boyle's Weekly words of wisdom the adventures of VSK and the Metrodome Miracle.

I was sick last weekend and missed my first games since 1995. Thanks to Brian Oakland for covering my games and to Pat Morrison for covering the game Brian had to miss. Of course my streak is no big deal compared to the streak of VSK. I dont think he has missed a game since 1993 or something like that. Looks like he passed the first test yesterday. The 49ers did what I said and stopped AP and made VSK become the hero. VSK threw for close to 300 yards, and that last play will be in the Vikings archives forever. But will it be the beginning of a magical season or the last big play from an aging legend? I am sure all the other games on the Vikings schedule are gonna learn from this last game and will continue to stop AP, the question will be can VSK continue to rise to the challenge? What will the offensive genius that coaches the Vikings do to adjust? Keep track of how many times VSK gets sacked and knocked down, that may be the most important stat the rest of the season.. Our area teams did well in some of the big games of this past weekend, Lyman, Winner, and Philip better get some love when the polls come out or we know who to blame dont we? I have to make a road trip and will be gone for a few days I will talk to you later in the week.

1 comment:

  1. Let's see...19 carries - 85 yards - 4.5 yards per carry is stopping AP? At 4.5 yards a carry - how many first downs in three attempts do you get, besids all of them?

    ReplyDelete