Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Andy Shoe's Scuttlebutts


The end of basketball season is sometimes a good thing as it gives those teams that had a tough season the opportunity to hope for a better next season. It also gives those teams that had a successful season a chance to reflect back on what was. For me it is time to start thinking about Twins Baseball. I am a fan of the game of baseball and I guess I have been for as long as I can remember. I loved to play the game and I still love to watch it played at almost every level. What's not to love? From T-Ball where the kids are there for the love of playing anything with their little friends to Major League Baseball where the game is a business but every once in a while you will see a childish love for playing the game and at that point you remember why it is so much fun to cheer on the guys who play. I am looking forward to the up-coming season of teener and legion baseball in the area. I hope that young athletes are ready for what could be the memory made that might last a life time. I know that the small rural towns are having trouble arranging a schedule because so many kids choose not to play baseball in the summer. I would hope that for the sake of your town, your friends, and the game you would at least try to come out for baseball. It will be a decision you won't regret. The game that at one time was the most popular is now the least popular and I don't understand it. In basketball only five players can be on the court at one time, on a baseball field you can stand on the field with eight other teammates so your chances of playing are better. In basketball the game is controlled by a clock in baseball no clock and a winner is decided at the end of regulation innings. So you get to play longer in many cases. I have nothing against basketball, it is a great sport, but I would like to see the kind of enthusiasm portrayed on the court, portrayed on the diamond. I hope to see all of you fans at the games and all of you student athletes this summer throwing and catching, hitting and running the base paths. You will have so much fun you will soon grow to love the game as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment