Monday, March 29, 2010

Rod's Monday Take N Things

A sure sign of spring. Golf courses opening for the season. The Dunes in Ft. Pierre officially opens this afternoon at 3 p.m. for the season. As (if) we hear from the other courses in the area, like Hillsview, Spring Creek and the like, we will let you know. Now, I did not need Dick Vitale tell me that the only reason I am against Duke in the NCAA men's basketball tournament is a word that starts with the J and ends with a Y. I am not jealous of Duke winning all the time. I just prefer to see them not win. I thought I would kinda rate how I thought the weekend's games were and give them a label.
Most Sloppily Played: Duke vs. Baylor.
Most Spellbinding (if you left you missed something) Butler vs. Kansas State.
Most Well Played: Michigan St. vs. Tennessee.
Toughest to Watch but still Watched: West Virginia vs. Kentucky.
Team I felt sorry for because the lost: (tie) Baylor and Tennessee
Team I did not feel sorry for because they lost: Kentucky
Best Officiated Game: Michigan St. vs. Tennessee
Worst Officiated Game: Butler vs. Kansas State
Best Announcing Team on the Weekend: Vern Lindquist and Bill Raferty (Baylor-Tenn.)
Worst Announcing Team on the Weekend: Gus Johnson and Len Elmore (Butler-K State)
Most Boring Game of the Weekend: UConn vs. Iowa State Womens NCAA Regional Semifinal
Most Eye Opening Team: Kentucky Women vs. Nebraska NCAA Women's Regional Semifinal
Most Dissapointing High Seeded Team: Nebraska Women
I have also come to the conclusion once again that in today's men's and women's college basktball, the officials just can not keep up with the game. I realize you can't call everything but I just sit at home and shake my head at what they come up with at times for calls and why they don't call stuff. It is obvious to me that the advancement of the player and the game has outlived the rule book. They should have certain rules for the first part of the game, another set for the middle and a whole other set of rules for the final 6 to 8 minutes cause what is described as a foul in the rule book is called differently about 3 to 4 times in a game. And if you are aged 60 or older, get off the court. You can't keep up with a bunch of 20 year olds.

1 comment:

  1. The Xavier/Kansas St. game was incredible! Best game since the 6-OT game a couple years back (Big East tournament).

    ReplyDelete