Saturday, March 20, 2010

Rod's Saturday Take N Things

What a busy last two days it has been for me. No State Basketball tournament to cover does not stop the work to be done. Since we have the mega march madness package at home through directv there is a channel that is called "mix channel". It has all 3 games or 4 going at the same time. With a big screen it is like having 4 13 inch channels going at the same time. So that is on our living room. State boys basketball tournaments are going on. Now with satellite tv, you don't get the 2 or 3Public Broadcasting channels so you can't pick and choose which tournament you want to watch, so the Class B tournament is on the tv in our kitchen. That leaves the computer. They do a very nice job of streaming video from the state tournaments. My wife has a laptop and I have a laptop. My wife was in Florida this week watching Mikey play baseball and my oldest son Trevor went with her. As a matter of fact as I write this, this morning, she should be landing in Fargo with Trevor, so I have only about 6 hours of getting to do things my way. Anyway, I had one laptop with the Class A tournament going and then on mine was the "AA". Therefore, I had as many as 7 basketball games on at the same time. Problem with that is that with 7 games going, you try to watch all and find out you don't know what is going on in any of them. I can tell you this however. Aberdeen Central's comeback last night against Rapid City Central on their home court, or at least across the street from it, was impressive. Some big time plays were made by both teams in the 4th quarter. O'Gorman vs. Aberdeen Central tonight is to close to call, but it reminds me of 06 when Pierre played O'Gorman for the title. All was well until the final minute and the way Derek Robey has his team playing, it will be hard to pick against them. But I think Aberdeen Central just might be able to do it. O'Gorman beat Huron for a second time by 20 this season last night. Terrell Newton was injured, carried off on a stretcher after he went up for a dunk and the Robey boy from O'Gorman went up to block it. No foul called, Newton came down hard. Hope he is ok but I am sure the Huron fans are fit to tied. As good as Newton is, he is not a 20 point difference in the game kinda of player. O'G beat Huron by 20 in the regular season with Newton. So Huron folks, figure it out. Was it payback for the Newton elbow incident that sidelined the Nielsen kid in the regular season? Maybe but probably not. Just two players, trying to make a play. And I won't say anything about the officiating, but at least two of the guys in that 3 man crew, probably should not have been officiating that particular game. Huron especially has a thing about certain officials. Oh but wait, that what they say about Pierre, especially back in 06 when one of those guys was working that game too.

Anyway, one more day of multiple basketball, although by later this afternoon, I will have one less computer to use and maybe 2, and maybe a kitchen tv. Not sure where i postion my easy chair so I can take all this in will be allowed.

1 comment:

  1. I happened to be listening our local SF sports radio station Saturday and heard a radio interview with O'G Coach Robey during halftime of the 3rd place game at the AA's. Coach Robey is the father of Derek Robey who made the block on the Newton kid from Huron that resulted in Newton leaving on a stretcher. I didn't see the play and I'm unfamiliar with the "elbow play" in the previous meeting so all I can offer is what Coach Robey said in the interview. The coach said there were at least 2 people in the Gym that did not think there should have been a foul on the block. Those 2 people were Derek Robey (the blocker) and Terrell Newton (the blockee who left on the stretcher). Coach Robey said he spoke with Coach Buddenhagen, and apparently Bud told him that Newton thought it was a clean play. Just with an unfortunate result. At least that was my interpretation.

    Brett

    ReplyDelete