Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rod's Tuesday Take N Things

I am accused every once in awhile of being the voice of doom and gloom and optomistic is not one of my best virtues. Most lately because I don't think either White River or Sully Buttes will win the B tournament. I hope one of them does. It would be great. But I ask you, this is a person that was so optomistic that the Governors were going to make the state tournament that I did not go to Florida with Mrs. Fisher to watch our baby play baseball during his spring trip with the MSUM Dragons. Now, was that not optomisim? She's got the sun and fun and I have a dog that has her days and nights messed up when it comes to roaming around the house patterns at age 14 dog years and 98 in people years! So being my optomistic self, the SDSU women's basketball team I predict, will not get out of the first round of the NCAA women's basketball tournament. While they are good, they are not as a good of a team as last year. And Oklahoma is really good. A final four team a year ago. Plus you are playing them on their home court! I do not see an upset in the making, but I do see a close game with Oklahoma pulling away in the final minutes to win by maybe 10 or so. Now, being a born and bred die hard Husker, it is very difficult for me to give Oklahoma an even break. I have let SDSU radio voice and Pierre guy Tyler Merriam know that if he really wants to stir up the pot, I have some Huskers and anti Sooner stuff he can take with him to get under some Sooner skin. And we all know the O on the Sooner football helmets signifies their team IQ. Although that isn't as meaningful now since they only play twice every 4 years as it was back in the old Big 8 Conference days. So Go Jacks. 8:30 p.m. Sunday on KGFX as well as on ESPN2.

1 comment:

  1. Not that I was trying to be, but I ended up being the voice of doom & gloom for the Highmore-Harrold girls, and look where that got them. Now I have to come up with 15 Player of the Game t-shirts somewhere. :o) Call it bulletin board material, or reverse psychology, or whatever you want, but if you're happy with just making it to the State Tournament, then I hope you're happy with an 8th Place finish, too. Let's go shock the world, or at least all of us DRG nay-sayers. :o)

    ReplyDelete