Friday, July 24, 2009

Andy's Rants


When does a slump turn into a disaster? This is the question I'm asking more and more these days as I watch The Minnesota Twins. Up by ten in one game and lose, get humiliated the next night and to cap the whole slide towards utter madness, Joe Nathan blowing a save. We have all gone through it, you know when it seems like no matter how hard you try you just can't catch a break. I heard from a fan the other day, "the difference is we aren't being paid millions of dollars to perform!". Yes it is true that when we have a bad day, a bad week or even a bad month, chances are we are going to bounce back with out too much embarrassment. Think about this the next time you want to talk about those Twins. Even the best players strike out and give up home runs, even the highest paid players don't have good games. There is a player for The New York Yankees who for some reason does not perform well in the post season and even though he get ridiculed in the New York media, he is still one of the highest paid players in the game. I like to root for The Twins because the budget they play on is not the best but year in and year out they are competitive. They don't sell out every night but if you want to take your family to a game you can actually afford it. I read somewhere that The Minnesota Twins are one of the lowest ticket prices in all of professional sports. No I won't give up on The Twins, and even though I get a little aggravated from time to time, they are my team. Next week I will make the yearly journey out to the Metrodome to take in a couple of games. I feel like a goose migrating south, but it helps me rejuvenate my status as a fan of The Minnesota Twins.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Andy. They'll be back - but it might be next year in the new outdoor field!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt your "yearly journey to the Metrodome" improved you outlook any as the Angels handed the Twins their jock-straps three games in a row. Halo's in '09 baby!!

    ReplyDelete