Thursday, July 30, 2009

Rod's Thursday Ramblings 7/30/09

OK, Brad Childress says he is excited to see the competition unfold between Tavaris J. and Sage R. now that Brett Favre won't be a Viking. He should be excited. His job will probably depend on how one or both of those guys perform. The happiest in this Brett Favre saga story should be John David Booty, the Vikings 3rd string qb. Who do you think was the odd man out when Favre was still undecided!

The 13-14 Teeners state tournament is this weekend and I am not going to Watertown this weekend. Those of you who think my son the coach talks to me about his team can rest assured he won't be taking any advice from me, his little league coach. With that said, I know that many of you are probably thinking, "hey, we have a chance". And I say, "We'll have a chance as long as the guys use two hands to catch a fly ball"!! Oh, there I go again!!!

And the Rattlers amateur team plays their region tournament this weekend. They will play Aberdeen on Saturday at 2:30 p.m. in their first game at Aberdeen. If they win, they will play again at 5 p.m. against the winner of the Brookings-Huron game at noon. The 5 p.m. game winner can then go home as they are in the state tournament. the loser will have to hang around til 1:30 p.m. or so to play another game on Sunday against the winner of the game that is played at 11 a.m. on Sunday, the two losing teams from Saturday. Top two teams from the region make the state tournament. Unless Pierre plays real bad, they should be able to win two games this weekend. But the bottom line is, you still have to play. They beat Aberdeen pretty soundly 3 times of the 4 games they played in the regular season. They did not play Huron. That was the weekend Huron cancelled cause they had a bunch of guys at the college world series, threfore we did not return the trip in late June. I think Huron finished 4th in the Pony Hills League standings behind 4 Corners, Miller and Chamberlain. And we usually play Brookings very tough. We win a few, we lose a few.

No blogging for me tomorrow or the weekend. Taking a little (ok, some more) R and R and playing some golf over at the Dunes, so poeple, fix your divits on the greens, or I will have to verbally spank you on my next blog. I also find I play better when I play by myself than when I am in a twosome, threesome or foursome and a scorecard is used. I usually don't keep score when it's just me!!!!!!! So it's always a good round!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment