Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Darren's (almost) Weekly Words of Wisdom

My quest for a witty name for my posts continues, until my quest ends I will blast away until something comes to me. I caught part of the NASCAR race Monday, and even though the COT (which I call the Crap On Tour) is basically a bus with a big engine I was suprised by the quality of the racing. The intensity level is starting to creep up as we get closer to the Chase.. NASCAR is going to have to do some technical changes to the car in the off season so the races dont look like 3 hour parades with an pit stop now and then. Dont know if I like the lucky dog rule so much if you can make up three laps in the last 50 laps like Jimmie Johnson did. I have never seen someone have as bad a day as he did and still finish 13th. Its too bad there isnt a dirt track series that is on TV consistently, not just on SPEED TV in the middle of the night that my friends is RACIN'. You can tell that the pennant races are heating up, I just read that one of the Dodgers intentionally hit Prince Fielder of the Brewers last night with 2 outs in the ninth while leading 17-4, they say it was done as retaliation for Manny Ramirez being hit a couple of innings earlier. Fielder tried to get into the Dodger clubhouse after the game and was restrained by security. Fielder is the undisputed leader of the Brewers and is rather large like his dad, Manny is just being Manny. Things may get interesting when they play later today. On another baseball subject, Hank Aaron is calling for the 2003 list of players who tested positive for steriods to be published. You know, there wasnt one single owner who talked of a steriod problem in baseball back in that period when the ball was flying out of the park and the stands were packed. Now everyone wants to make an issue of it. As usual the owners want to have it both ways, get the economic benefit that all that offense created, (remember that after the last baseball lockout baseball even went as far as talking about contraction?) then come out and say they are concerned about the "purity" of the game. I do like to see the members of Red Sox nation squirm about the allegations of David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez though, I always wondered why Ortiz couldnt hit a lick when he played for the twins, yet after a couple of years he was one of the premier power hitters in baseball. Now we know why. Red Sox fans are whiners and will defend Big Papi to the end, maybe it is curse of the Bambino getting its revenge. I just hope that one day soon the steriod crisis "ERA" will end and we can just care about the game and ESPN can get rid of its legal analyist. Did I just say Red Sox fans are WHINERS? OOPS how do I find the delete button? Now I am in trouble

1 comment:

  1. Captn. T it seems that you are watching way to much TV. Should'n you be working on your touchdown calls. And the word is that spikes, rallies and rotations should be part of what you should be working on. Is that true?

    ReplyDelete