Sunday, August 2, 2009

Rod's updated Monday Ramblings

The end of the baseball season is not going well for Pierre. The Post 8 Legion goes 1 and 2 and are out in their region tournament. The 13-14 Teeners go 1 and 2 in their state tournament and are out. The Pierre Rattlers have gone 1 and 2 in their Region tournament and are done for the season. Ouch.

I got 27 holes of golf in at the Dunes this weekend. Walked all of them. 18 Saturday and 9 Sunday. Now I know there are die hard Hillsview Golf Course golfers and members who really don't consider the Dunes a golf course for whatever reason and that is fine. I have had at least one member relate that to me in the past. (Bet the short iron and pitching games are the weak part of their game) Tell ya what. Dunes has greens with a cup and a flag sticking out of it, there are fairways, there are tee boxes. Those seem to me to be 3 basic ingredients for being called a golf course! Oh, it also has a driving range and cart rental. Sounds like a golf course to me. Of course, I am only a novice golfer. But I do have some things in common with Tiger Woods. Yes, when I hit a bad shot I can swing and drop and toss my clubs, just like Tiger. Like the old commercial said, "I am, Tiger Woods".

But this has been a bitter sweet week. Last Sunday my pull golf cart of 38 years, finally fell apart. I bought the cart in Lincoln, Nebraska in 1971. Bought it with "Green Stamps" Remember those? I have a set of clubs that I bought back in the mid 80's. (I still have my original starter set of Spalding clubs and a black vinyl bag) The newest set have Jack Nicklaus name on them, they have to be good cause he was and still is. I still have a Wood Driver and Wood 5 Wood that I still use along with a steel 3 wood and steel 5 wood. But they are "Ram" Clubs which probably doesn't mean I am a golfer either. 3 thru 9 irons and a pitching wedge. I do use Callaway and Titleist golf balls if that means anything. Most of the Callaways have a Big Red N on them. Anyway, I bought a new golf pull cart for myself. $39.95 at a local retailer on your way out of town headed North and East. You know, the wheels roll, they stay on and my golf bag, also coming with my Jack Nicklaus set of clubs back in the mid 80's, stays on the cart so I can pull it around with ease. Now, if I can ever figure out how the clubs work, I might figure this game out. But then, it probably wouldn't be any fun to play!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you fixed all your divits, if I find any this weekend I'm blaming you Rocking Rod.

    ReplyDelete