Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Rod's Wednesday Ramblings 8/5/09

I was reading in the Rapid City newspaper yesterday another stroy about Post 22 and Post 320 and they need to get a regular season series going between the two. They interviewed several baseball board members and coaches. As a matter of face, they interviewed everybody it seems but the one person that is the only person that can make it happen. Post 22 coach Dave Ploof. And until he wants it to happen, sorry 320, it isn't going to happen. I am still looking to see if he show and his team show up at the region tournament next year. Mitchell is hosting the State tournament, so Post 22 does not get an automatic bid. The current tournament rotation has Post 320 next in line as host. Will Mr. Ploof and his team actually step inside the fences and on that field? The people I have talked to have said if Post 22 wants to go to the state tournament they will have to. I guess I am a bit of a skeptic. I can only say "We'll See". Another thing I do know is that it will be difficult for Pierre to qualify for the state tournament again next year. Post 22 and Post 320 have alot of really good players back. Let's hope we get the state tournament in two years and don't have to worry about the Region qualifying process.

Oh by the way, Twins fans. Tomorrow's game at Cleveland starts at 11 a.m. or so. KGFX is not carrying the game. Why? Don't know. I can only tell you I was not asked what should be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment