Thursday, August 13, 2009

Rod's Thursday Ramblings 8/13/09

I see that we are getting ready for the Little League World Series to be televised in it's entirety. I am not a big fan of 11 and 12 year old kids being exploited on world wide television. I am old school I admit. It used to be just the 1 game on TV. The Little League World Series final in which either Japan or China always beat the USA team in the finals it seemed. Now we have to have every game of the region and then the LLWS on cable or satellite. Whatever happened to the days when kids got to be kids and just played to play. No uniforms, no umpires, no adults around. Just playing to play. I will say when I do watch and they show the crowd shots it is sometimes not a pretty picture. You wonder who the adults and who the kids are?

1 comment:

  1. By the way, Parker Douglass was signed by the New York Jets. Douglass holds several records at SDSU in kicking the football. Most of the records he broke were those of Adam Vinateri. Anyway, Douglass is a former roommate of a couple of Pierre guys, Harry Decker and Tori Garrett.
    Rod

    ReplyDelete