Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Andy Shoe's Scuttlebutts


This week I thought I would get your feed-back. After reading last weeks comments on my blog I thought I would ask the question to better understand what fans are feeling. Please leave me your answers.










20 Questions For Good Fans

What makes a Good fan?

Why do you consider yourself such a fan?


How long have you been a good fan?

Does where you live and what you do add to the equation of being a good fan?

What would you tell people from other parts of the country that don’t get why you are such a fan?


Do you think fans in small towns are better then those in cities?

How do you describe the feeling of cheering on your hometown team?

What is the payback for being such a good fan?

How do people who are not good fans become good fans?


Is South Dakota a good place to be a good fan?

What is the proudest moment as a good fan you have experienced?


What is the saddest moment as a good fan you have experienced?


Do you think the teams that you have cheered for appreciate the support and how can you tell?

How would the team react differently without the support it receives?


Do you ever feel the crowds can help determine the game?

Is there a time when good fans shouldn’t be involved in the game?

Is there a difference between sportsmanship and being a good fan?


What piece of advice would you give to other fans?
Is there ever a moment when you thought fans where in the wrong?


What is your fan philosophy?

Who are the best fans in South Dakota?

1 comment:

  1. Just to be there to support their efforts.

    Because I enjoy going to the sporting events just to support the kids. I don't even have to have a child of my own playing, I just love the kids and enjoy watching their efforts.

    I'd have to say I've been a fan since I was a kid myself as my Dad loved sports and my brother was a very good athlete and I loved watching my brother and his teammates play.

    I would say so, because people from smaller communities seem to be more supportive of their teams as they seem to be like a family.

    It's just a good feeling to be supportive of the players as they work hard everyday at practice to prepare for these games and when they win, it's such a good feeling for them and for the fans. But, you also feel their heartache when they lose as they are just like a member of your own family.

    That's hard to answer as I've only experienced the small town atmosphere, but speaking as a small town fan, there is just a close knit feeling amongst everyone and everyone tries to be very supportive of the kids.

    It's a great feeling! The kids make their school and town feel very proud of them. I am just excited for the kids especially if there is a win, but I also feel for them when they have a loss as I know how hard they work and the effort they put into the game.

    Just the fact that we can say we are proud of the team whether they win or lose.

    Do they ever become good fans? Some people just never change!

    Definitely, either Dakotas are great places to be a good fan.

    When your team takes a conference title, district, regional, or even participates in a state tourney. Also, when our players show good sportsmanship, which I feel is very important. Makes their school and town proud that we raised good kids!

    Losing a game in a state tourney by a small deficit.

    Definitely, I believe without the fans, the kids wouldn't get quite as fired up for the game! They want the school, the town, the fans to be proud of them also.

    I don't think they'd try as hard as they do as they want to make their fans proud also.

    I guess it has something to do with the motivation of the team when they hear the fans cheering them on.

    Some fans get way too involved and try to coach the game from the stands, which is the coaches jobs, not the fans.

    Being a good fan is part of having good sportsmanship.

    I would have to say yes! Some fans get into the game way to much and start yelling at referees, players, etc., not very appropriate at a game. These are just kids and trying their best. Fans should be supportive, not critical of their efforts.

    Just to be supportive of the team and coaches and be proud of their efforts, whether they win or lose.

    I don't like it when fans get so into the game that they start yelling from the stands at the players. That just makes the team get down on themselves and it doesn't fire the team up, it takes them down.


    Just to be supportive and to be proud of the team no matter what.

    The fans in North Central SD!

    ReplyDelete