Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday with Rod

Wow, what a baseball game last night. I am not a Twins baseball fan per say. I am diehart Chicago Cubs, but the Twins play the game the way it is supposed to be played and since I work for a radio group that is the major distributor of Twins broadcast to the upper midwest, I have plenty of access to Twins baseball "stuff". I did not cry when watching the metrodome ceremony on Sunday but I was at the edge of my easy chair last night. Wow. Might be the one of the greatest baseball games I have watched on TV. Talk about the ups and the downs. Folks that I know that are Twins fans were physically and emotionally "pooped" after the game. My next sports emotional rollar coaster will be tomorrow night when Nebraska plays at Missouri.

Vikings fans should also be recovering from Monday night. A win on Sunday over winless and hapless the St. Lous Rams (I am sure the word that Rush Limbaugh is going to buy the Rams, probably won't create an emotional performance fromt he Rams. I am sure most voted democrat in the last election) will leave them at 5-0. Then things change. 3 straight games vs. Baltimore, at Pittsburgh and at Green Bay should have Vikings fans longing for their easy schedule at the start. Oh wait, that returns after their bye week with home games against Detroit and Seattle. It's a long time til the Super Bowl and Brad Childress will still have plenty of opportunities to overcoach his team right into several losses and then blame it on the media.

And by the way, I thought the Monday Night Football television's crew lovefest with Brett Favre was a bit to much. I thought Jon Gruden was so excited, he was going to ask Favre out on a date! Best TV team on Monday night was Charlie, Allen and Jake (Two and a Half Men) followed up by Leonard, Sheldon, Howard and Rajh (Big Bang Theory). And Penny probably would have done better on the sidelines than the ESPN gals.

3 comments:

  1. Can't forget Berta on Two And A Half Men!!!!! And Penny is WAY hotter then the ESPN girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you speak the truth Mr Fisher, I listened to the radio call cause I didnt have the physic vision to know what channel the game was on. Gordon and Gladden kept me excited throughout. The lovefest by the MNF crew was way over the top especially when Gruden pulled out his home movies. You knew the VSK performance was predictable, watch his throw 4 picks Sunday when they play the Rams. And Penny is some serious eye candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I don't know my CBS comedy, I'd still be plenty satisfied with Suzy Kolber - that is, if I can get by Joe "Ah wana kishyoo" Namath.

    ReplyDelete