Monday, October 26, 2009

Rod's Monday Thoughts

Congratulations to Brian Oakland and his Pittsburgh Steelers pajama pants. Interesting game to say the least yesterday in the win over the Vikings. There were three things I wished I did not do over the weekend. 1) Watch the Huskers game. (I think I would have rather just wondered, how in the world did they lose). 2) Watch the Bears game. (I think I would have rather just wondered, how in the world did they lose it like that) and 3) rake leaves and clean up the yard on Saturday. At 5:15 p.m on Saturday when I finished it didn't look bad. When I woke up yesterday morning and looked out, it was like there was double the leaves on the ground there were Saturday when I started. It's about enough to drive to me to QUIT Drinking! The Bengals are for real my friends. The Vikings are fortunate they have them in the Metrodome. Cincy did beat the Steelers in their first game.

Sturgis has their starting quarterback in the lineup. He was a major factor in their 54-0 win over Spearfish last Thursday. He had a high ankle sprain and missed several games prior to that so he will be ready to go against Pierre tomorrow night. Stugis is run first team and then use the play action pass much like Pierre does. Kickoff is at 7 p.m.

They are getting a fan bus together at Stanley County for tomorrow night's game at Platte. Platte-Geddes/Dakota Christian beat Stanley County 28-0 during the season but as the playoff scenario played out for the Buffalos, P-G/DC is probably the best hope the Buffs had in the first round.

Pierre could get the third seed yet in the District 3AA volleyball tournament. They are 1 game ahead of Mitchell. While Mitchell holds the tiebreaker over Pierre with 2 wins in the regular season, Mitchell has to play 2nd ranked S.F. Roosevelt in their lone game left. Pierre hosts top ranked Aberdeen Central. If they both lose, Pierre is third seed and would host a 3rd place game if they would play Mitchell. If Pierre is the third seed they would open at Huron next week. If Pierre is 4th they would open at Aberdeen Central.

3 comments:

  1. My pajama pants and I thank you. It may be interesting to note that the last time the Steelers played (and beat) the Vikings, four years ago, during the first of the Steelers' recent Super Bowl runs, the Vikes went into that game with a 6-game winning streak as well, only to fall short to the better team. ;oP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you were going to say that it was the last time you got Steelers pajama pants and they beat the Vikings. New pajamas every 4 years would be a little interesting to say the least.

    Rod

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo many ways I could go with that one, but I'll keep it a family site....

    ReplyDelete